Wednesday, March 7, 2007

'these bones'

Snapping,cracking, popping
Carrying,holding & dropping
jagged, sharp & pointed
these bones have been appointed
Pins & neddles for fingertips
A spatula-like shovel for the hips
Legs look like a ball & chain
A back hunched up, sometimes in pain
Elbows that threaten to maim & mar
Some... once broken, bare no scar
Ribs rippled like a stone-skipped pond
an eggshell casing has been conned
Into covering a mind with it's bone
And, protecting this little heart of stone

:) Skinnylittleblonde

5 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

My knees ache just from reading this!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Nicely done. I'm more into the movement of words than having them rhyme. Putting too many constraints on "these bones" could make them shatter. But then again, I don't write or read much poetry.

skinnylittleblonde said...

Aw, lol... bardouble29! It was actually kinda fun to do, but I didn't mean to make your bones ache! :)

JRs thumbprint~ this is probably more of a rhyme than a poem :) I'm not really a poet.

Anonymous said...

I'm not usually fan of rhyming poetry but I really love the "movement of the words" as Jr said. It kinda reminds me of Def Poetry (which I love) and I can imagine you elbowing the air as you speak. It's fun and fetching :)

skinnylittleblonde said...

TY, I've never even heard of Def poetry....will have to google that.

This little ditty was just for fun...a way to let bardouble know that she is inspirational...even to those of us that are NOT poets ;) Skinny is polite word for bony & boney I am...that & the heart are the two main body parts I picture when I think of my own body, which is why I chose to write 'these bones' specifically