Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cold, lost, scared
A bottle of beer
Was waiting for you
But you weren't there.
So I kept drinking
To make it go awayT
he cold hard truth
You didn't care enough to stay.
More and more to drink
And that led to hate
By the time you finally came around
It was much too late.
Rivers of blood
Against pale white skin
Was it true what they say-
That I committed a sin?
When you finally arrived
Was when they took me away
And by that time
There was nothing left to say.
Although.....
It did kind of make you wish you had stayed.

3 comments:

Emmie said...

Thats really cool. Thanx a lot for stopping by my blog. I twas my pleasure to have your comment. I really love your poetries and would love to come back for more!!Emmie

Chris said...

Amazing! Another fine work from my favorite poet. :)

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

nice paradox