Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Cannot Give You.

You are alone,
your tears fall.
Unheeded you scream
into the wind.
You rail against
what life has handed out.
I listen and
I reach out.
You push me away.
You are grasping,
for something to hold.
I offer my hand,
and you slap at it.

You want comfort,
you want answers.
These are questions,
I have no answer for.
You want to know,
where I stand,
on your concerns.
I stand here!

You question,
you accuse.
You demand,
you require.
I have nothing,
absolutely nothing
left to give.

There is no comfort to give,
there is not answer to satisfy.

4 comments:

Mustafa Şenalp said...

trkey/ kayseri

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what language that is but I'm assuming he said, "Great poem" because it is.

Greg C said...

Great poetry. I may have to see where I stashed all the poems that I have written and send you a few for you to comment on. I love your poems.

skinnylittleblonde said...

WoW! Loveed this one personally because I have once learned that there was comfort in knowing that there is NO comfort for some things.