Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dream

I woke up with a dream this morning
dreams only come once or twice in a lifetime
what am I going to do with this dream

you saved me and I never said thank you
I'm sorry for that
I just never realized
you gave me everything

last time my dream died so did part of my soul
the thing is I never saw it coming
your love for me kept me going
my love for you fuels the fantasy that was once reality and has now become the dream
She stood her ground when I didn't deserve it
her love woke me up from the fantasy
my love for her grows stronger every day
She's amazing

I fantasize
I dream
and I love you
this- is the story of my life

Written by Captain Corky

4 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

This is great, you can really see the love and affection you have for her.

skinnylittleblonde said...

Wow!
So many people spend so much energy trying to make realities a fantasy ...this is such a bittersweet reminder to us readers to not take things for granted.
I feel your love, your realization & your gratitude.

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully written. Kudos.

eric1313 said...

I like the last line, it drives home how much everything else means. Good opening lines and endings are huge.